Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm moving out and dont know how to break the news

Hello.

I am a 18 year old female living in California. My at home situation is very complicated and I can't stand with the emotional/psychological abuse I have to deal with everyday. My parents are very strict traditional Mexican parents and they don't ever let me do anything. I am constantly being teased and made fun of. I am not allowed to get a job, I am not allowed to have my social security card on me, I am not allowed to ever go out, I am not allowed to do anything but school. I was talking with my friend today and her parents told me i could move in with them. Of course i plan to help out in their home and once I am working i want to help them as much as I can. The thing is i dont know how to break the news to my mom. I am literally terrified of how mad she will be. I know she will yell and guilt trip me and make me feel bad. She will just tell me I'm too stupid and useless to live on my own. I know she'll probably try to call the cops on me or something. I just want to know if there is someway that I won't get into trouble or get my friend and her parents in trouble. I'm thinking of going to my boyfriends house for a bit then calling my mom and telling her i won't be coming home. I don't want to face her, it'll break my heart to bits and i know I won't be strong enough to leave. I know she'll promise that things will be better and then she'll go back to her old ways. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Re: I'm moving out and dont know how to break the news

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here through the online forum at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you have reached your breaking point due to the way you are being treated at home by your family. You mentioned that your family is traditional and very strict which has limited and restricted you from doing thins you woud like to do. We can only imagine how painful it may be for you to experience the name calling and abuse. You do not deserve that treatment.

We want to best help and as soon as possible so we do ask that you reach out by phone or chat to talk further about your situation and explore some options. We are here to listen and to help.

We look forward to your call or chat soon!

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X