I don’t feel safe around my brother.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t feel safe around my brother.

I have realized that when I am around my brother I do not feel safe. He scares me and he puts me in situations where I feel I’m in danger. I can’t talk to my parents about it. I don’t know what to do.

Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. You should not have to feel unsafe around family or be put in dangerous situations. We know you mentioned not being able to tell your parents. We know having a conversation about feeling unsafe around your brother can be scary or awkward. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we would call out to your parents and have a conference call. During the conference call we are there to mediate the conversation and to provide support and allow you to be heard. If that is not something you are interested in there are a few other options. You could talk to a trusted teacher or school counselor about what is going on and they may be able to provide you with some resources. If you feel your safety is in immediate danger you can always call the police and let them know what is going on. Your safety is our top concern and your safety should never be jeopardized. Another option could be, if you feel comfortable you could always talk to your brother about how you are feeling, he may not realize he is putting you in dangerous situations or that you feel unsafe.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more about what is going on please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Our number is 1800-RUNAWAY. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello i feel unfase too around my brother and he try to demotivate me around my family. And whenever i try to learn new think he always demotivate me ho dont want to me spend time with my friend and also he want to trap me home all day my parents also with him. And i feel to sucidel

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there. We are very sorry your brother is acting badly around you, even to the point where you are talking about suicide. Of course, your brother's actions and the current challenges you face are temporary, whereas suicide is permanent. You deserve to be treated well and you deserve to be safe.

From looking up your IP address it appears you are contacting us from another country. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. You can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

You may also find this link helpful in finding someone to talk to if you are feeling like harming yourself in any way: http://www.aasra.info/helpline.html

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

All the best,
        NRS

What happens if I don't feel safe around my sister or my parents will I be placed in a different home

Comment

• ccsmod16
        ccsmod16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you feel unsafe and uncomfortable at home. We would like to talk more with you about this. Especially if someone is hurting you at home. If they are, we can help you file an abuse report with your state.
        They don't usually remove people unless they find evidence of severe physical abuse. Mostly, if they find evidence, they try to give your family the help they need to not hurt the children.
        You can reach out to us via live chat through this website, or call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24/7
        We truly hope to hear from you soon.
        Sincerely,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X