No announcement yet.

I need some help or advice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need some help or advice

    i moved across the country when i was 13. my mom had gotten out of an abusive relationship and our rent was getting to high for us to handle so we moved in with her current boyfriend and while everyone else in my family is doing better, i havent been able to adjust. i left everything behind. my family, friends, and my hometown are all out of my grasp now. ive been trying to settle and make friends and move on but i think about home everyday. ive had to put up with drama at home and at school almost everyday and im constantly worried and stressed. im 16 now and im planning on running away once my cars fixed. i wanna know if there are any shelters or places i could stay until im 18 and if id be able to go to school even though im not with my parents.

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you’re in a very stressful situation, and are wanting to find some alternative living arrangements as a minor. One option would be to see if there is a Covenant House at in your location that will let you stay there. If you are needing additional help enrolling in school, the National Center for Homeless Educational Helpline at 1-800-308-2145 if you need an advocate for continuing your education. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we want everyone to be as safe as possible, and can help you explore other options. Please give us a call at any time at 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp