No announcement yet.

I don’t want to live with my mom

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don’t want to live with my mom

    Ever since my mom moved in with her boyfriend when I was 6 (I’m 13 now) my life has been a living hell. I’m like their maid. I clean up after them, i clean the whole house (they don’t do anything), I do their laundry, I cook for them,I lay out their outfits.. I never had a childhood. I’m not aloud to Hang out with friends.. they always tell me I’m worthless and if something is wrong or something is missing then it’s automatically my fault. I tried expressing my feelings to them but they say my opinion is worthless because I’m a child and I don’t pay the bills. They said that I’m not allowed to express my opinion and that all I am allowed to say is yes ma’am, no ma’am and ok. I’m not allowed to live with my father because he’s a sex offender. I remember they used to beat me with a belt and my mom used to make me stay home because she “needed me home” my mom is bipolar. She got diagnosed with it when she was 19. I want to get emancipated when I turn 16 but I can’t live here anymore. But anytime the topic of me not living with her anymore is brought up she says that she can’t live without me and that she will kill her self if I leave. Help me please.

  • #2
    Hello there,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now, and we know it takes great courage to reach out to us and we are glad you gathered up the courage to reach out to us. You do not deserve to be treated that way. One option for you is you could consider talking to your school counselor about what is going on, sometimes talking to a professional can help us feel better. You should be allowed to express your opinion no matter how old you are. When you mentioned your mother beating you with a belt that can be a form of abuse. If you would like to make an abuse report you can call The Child Help Line- 1800-422-4453. If you would like our help with making an abuse report please give us a call at any time. If you are ever in immediate danger please call 911 ASAP.
    You also mentioned wanting to leave home. We are not legal experts but we do have general knowledge of the laws. Running away is not a criminal offense it is a status offense. What that means is that if you left home, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. If the police found you they would most likely bring you back home. If you are thinking of leaving home, you may want to consider where you would go. Your safety is our top priority, so wherever you decide to go it should be a safe place. If you would like our help with looking for places you can go please give us a call.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk about your situation in further detail please give us a call at any time. We are here to support and listen to you 24/7. Stay strong, you are not alone.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp