Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm tired of my family siding with my horrible sister.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of my family siding with my horrible sister.

I'm 19 years old and I get no respect in this house hold, my family treats me like I have no emotions. Every time my sister tries to pick a fight with me, I am the one who ends up getting in trouble. I want to leave and I have the plan in my head but I'm enrolled in community college, and I don't have the strength to leave. I have a buddy in California that will take me in which is good but do to those factors I'm literally a sitting duck. I need help, please.

RE: I'm tired of my family siding with my horrible sister

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are here to listen to you and provide you support in the best possible way.

It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time at home with your family. We are sorry to hear that your family is treating you like this. We understand that you are going through a lot and having a difficult time leaving. It sounds like you have a really great friend that is supportive of you and willing to help you out. We are not here to tell you what to do but more so here to discuss the options that are available to you.

We are not legal experts here but in most areas at 19 you are legally able to leave without parental consent, due to the legal age of adulthood being 18. If this goes for you, if you do choose to leave your house your parents are not legally able to keep you there. We understand that you are going through a stressful time and really considering what is best for you to do.

Here are some questions to think about:
    • What the living environment will be like living with your friend?
    • How will I be able to support myself financially?
    • Will I be able to attend College l in California?
    • How long do I plan to stay/be gone?

It really seems that you are going through a stressful time right now. We are really glad that you reached out to us and are thinking about your options and what is best for you. We really want to talk with you further to learn more about you and your situation, as well as help you develop a plan that is best fit for you. We are here 24/7 and can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Hope to hear from you soon,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X