Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 year old runaway

This started about 4 years ago when my uncle went to jail. my mom became depressed and tried to kill herself and leave me alone. after it didn't work she began telling me she hated me. a while later she told me she only said that to push me away so I could leave and have a better life. after that i lost all respect for her. I became depressed and just started spending more and more time away from home to keep my mind off of things. this past year has been the worst and roughest year of my life. my mom accuses me of everything that goes wrong in her life and it never stops. I've tried to kill myself multiple times and it hasn't worked yet. today my mom told me to leave and she doesn't care where I go. I don't know what to do anymore

Re: 17 year old runaway

Hello,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us. You certainly have a very tough situation and deserve to get some help.

Did you know that there are hotlines that you can call for support if you are thinking about hurting or killing yourself? One is the National Suicide Hotline, 1 800 273 Talk (8255). You might find it helpful to give them a call if you are again feeling like you want to injure or kill yourself. They have trained crisis counselors who specialize in situations similar to yours and are confidential. You could also call us, National Runaway Safeline, at 1 800 RUNAWAY (786 2929) and talk to someone here. We also are confidential. We may also be able to find some counselling resources in your area that can be of help. If you call us we can help you to locate them.

The relationship you described with your mom is a very difficult thing for you to have to endure. We expect family to support us in tough times, and you are not getting that support – in fact quite the opposite. It seems like your mom is might be hurting,and she is taking it out on you, which is definitely not OK. You deserve to have someone who can listen to you and help you through the tough times. Is there anyone else you can think of who might be able to fill that role? Perhaps a relative, family friends, a neighbor, or someone else? As your guardian, your mom is obligated to provide you with a place to live so forcing you to leave home can very well be considered neglect and could be reported to Child Protective Services if that's something that you are comfortable with.

It seems like you are feeling very alone. Please try to reach out to someone and let them know the hurt you are feeling and that you need some help. Reaching out can be hard to do, but you have already taken a big step by contacting us. We would be happy to look into shelter resources for you if you are in need of a place to stay. You would just need to reach out to us through phone or chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X