Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my situation that bad or am I just over-reacting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my situation that bad or am I just over-reacting?

I'm gonna just cut to the chase. Ever since I was 5, my mum used to beat and call me names and wish that I disappeared/died for failing questions in homework. Everyone I told always laughed at me and said that it wasn't a big deal and that I was over-reacting. Here's the most recent thing that occurred. Earlier today, my mum and I were talking about this assignment thing I have for my media class at school. We have to pick a villain from a movie and analyze them. My mum kept asking me questions, but every time she speaks, she doesn't use an "indoor voice", she literally screams. Like, full on screeching. She always speaks like this at home and it drives my dad and me crazy. Eventually, an argument broke out which ended with her trying to force me to the ground and slashing at my legs with her keys. She then left the house for around half an hour. She's always done stuff like this (insult me, hit me, break my stuff and destroy my schoolwork). Is this normal like everyone said, or is it just me overreacting?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-07-2019, 06:34 AM.

Reply: Is my situation that bad or am I just over-reacting?

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you.
    The behavior you described about your mother’s treatment and communication methods do not sound normal and you have every right to be concerned. You do not deserve to get hit or yelled at by your mom. Her behavior is not your fault.
    It is times like these that can be tough to cope with. We understand you being frustrated. It is important that you remember to exercise self- care.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X