Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away, but I can't

Okay, I know from experience that my problems aren't exactly a big deal. My family has told me to stop pitying myself because i'm not that important. But here is my issues,
    1: I am failing one class in school that I never wanted to take. It's 9th grade honors algebra but I'm not really good at math I just used Logic on the test and my parents made me take the class. I have a D in it and that's a serious problem.
    2: I am the second oldest out of 6. I am clearly the least favorite in everyone's opinion. My brothers despise me and my sisters act as if i'm their slave. My parents make me do everything around the house and they make it so I don't have time to do my homework just so they can yell at me about it. My dad expects me to be an athletic genius like my older sister but i'm just a scrawny mess up. My parents tell me every day that I was their "ugly sweater" kid out of all of us and that i'm their odd one out.
    3: I have 30+ allergies and asthma which is a lead cause to bullying, excluded from group activities that have to deal with the stuff i'm allergic to (which is a lot of activities), and low self esteem. My allergies and asthma pull me back from getting out there in my cross country team and in hanging out with people in school because they might have nuts at their home or something.
    I want to run away from home but I physically can't with my allergies and asthma because I couldn't afford the medicine to help it. I wouldn't last long out on my own. I am 14 years old and I know that because i'm young you guys might think that this is just a stage but this has been going on since as long as I can remember. I am suicidal and I hurt myself daily but no one knows this because I have no one to tell that would give two craps. I have no true friends (people that truly care for me) and no respected adults that can help me, trust me I've tried. I need help and I need to attack this issues now but I don't know how. Maybe it would be easier for everyone if I just went off and killed myself. I need help. Please.

RE: I want to run away, but I can't

Hi There,
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are here to help you and provide you support during this time.

It sounds like you are really going through a tough time at home and school. We are sorry that you are going through this. We are here to help you and provide you support during this time. You mentioned dealing with suicidal thoughts and self-harm. We care about you hear and want to make sure that you are safe. One really great resource that is available 24/7 is the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-TALK). They have trained counselors available to talk with you further about a lot of the different things that you are experiencing. If you are uncomfortable reaching out through the phone, they also have an online chat forum. The chat forum is a great tool to use if you do not want to talk to someone on the phone. Here is the link, if you are interested in reaching out to them: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline...elinechat.aspx .

We are so glad that you have contacted us here. You mentioned that there are a lot of different things going on at home. If you feel that you are being abused and are if you are comfortable with doing filing an abuse report. You may consider reaching out to child help, like we talked about before. Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453). Child Help USA will explain the process with you about abuse reporting as well as, connect you with your local Child Protective Services (CPS). If this is something that you are not comfortable with doing, but would still like to make a report you can do so by calling us here at NRS. We can help support you on the call with CPS or we can make the report on your behalf.

You are so strong for reaching out and seeking help. We want to hear from you and help you develop a plan that is best fit for you and your situation. We are here 24/7 and someone is available to talk. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X