I’m 16, my house is unsafe, and dcs wont help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 16, my house is unsafe, and dcs wont help

Okay so here’s my situation. I’m 16 and my house is unsafe. My dad used to abuse me and my siblings when we were younger physically and mentally (now that we’re older he doesn’t physically hurt us anymore he tells me to kill myself and that everything is my fault etc.). My mom goes along with him because she doesn’t want to pick a fight. My house nearly ever has food in it and when it does it is all junk food and it’s making me sick and weak. I’ve been developing health issues because of this (including in worse cases internal bleeding), but they won’t take me to the doctor because of money issues. My dad has dogs as well that fight constantly very violently and I’m forced by my parents to get in the middle of the dog fights and break them up myself. I have been bitten many times with no medical treatment nor concern. I break up at least 2 dog fights a day.. My house is also very unsanitary. I have breathing issues and often can’t breathe/turn blue wheezing and get sick from the conditions. Our house is filled to the brim with pests that are making me sick as well. I have talked to school counselors many times and has dcs come to my house many times. My friends have turned my parents in before too, but they always clean the house, buy as much food as possible, and lie their way through the interviews. Every time they have showed up they haven’t found enough evidence to take me out of the house. Every time I call them my dad beats me as well. These things have lead me to be hospitalized for suicide attempts and cutting many times. My last point is my medications. I had medications in the hospital for my mental health, however they have abruptly stopped taking me to the doctor a few months after being prescribed these medications, which is very dangerous. I have places that I can stay, but my parents refuse to sign me over or let me go anywhere else reguardless of the fact that they tell me I’m worthless and I should die. I feel very stuck and like I’m out of options... this is my last resort.. I have already tried running away, telling adults, going through the legal system, and calling dcs. All have failed. Thanks for reading sorry it’s long.

Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home where your needs aren’t being met and where your safety isn’t guaranteed.

Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you feel like you are in immediate danger we encourage you to call 911. You stated earlier that CPS has not been helpful. Despite previous outcomes, you always have the right to file another report. You can go to childhelp.org to find your nearest CPS agency. If you are still having issues with CPS you can request to speak with another case-worker or manager, etc. Another thing you can do to help strengthen your case is to take pictures of bruises or anything else (dog bite marks, etc.) that is caused by abuse to show the social worker. Additionally, you can always go to your local emergency room if you ever feel unsafe or like you need medical attention. Generally speaking, hospital staff are mandated reporters and will file a CPS report if they hear about/or see/suspect child abuse.

You mentioned that your father trains and fights dogs and makes you break up dog fights. Dog fighting is illegal in all 50 states and can carry a felony charge. You can call 911 to report this crime. Again, it may strengthen the case to take pictures or video of the evidence to show to your local authorities.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X