I’m tired of my family

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m tired of my family

I have 4 weeks until I’m 18.. just 4 weeks but it feels like years, i have put up with this for most of my life, truthfully I’m lost, i have tried everything from asking them to stop treating me like this to staying in my room all the time, I’m at my limits. When I was younger my mom would grab me by the arm hard and whip me around like a toy, she always yelled every day even to this day she yells about something at me. She can get mad over an unmade bed to one sock on the floor. We used to live in a 2 flat apartment, with my grandma. Once my grandma saw how she treated me and stood up for me, as time went by we had to move for my dads job, it was about 6-8 hours away, I went from a very small private school, to the largest public school in the state. This was a huge shock to me, to the point that I can’t stand to be around people, a lot happened to me at that middle school and high school. I also got diagnosed with Graves’ disease and had to get my thyroid removed, Graves’ disease is where your body attacks it’s self on the inside, after that during last summer break my grandma got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, I spent the whole summer up there with her and my mom then we had to go back because my mom needed to go back to work so we would go up every other weekend, which I slowly watched her fade away... that was one of the hardest things for me. Finally last year a week before Christmas.. she died. I haven’t felt the same since, then my dad lost his job and we had to love again now once again I’m in a new house with no friends, all of my friends are online, and every day mom comes home and finds something to tell at me about, recently they both won’t let me stay up/be on the computer after 9pm, like I’m 5 and need a bed time. (I’m now online homeschooled so I really don’t see the point in this.) I’m also no longer allowed to be in my room except to sleep I have to spend every second with them. It’s exhausting, they have also gone through my devices and internet history once, so now I’m always scared they will do it again, I’m also not allowed to date. I’m just so sick and tired of being here, when doing school I have to be up at 7am, and I’m not allowed to watch tv/play games/ talk to friends until after 3pm, even if I only have one class, that takes me an hour I have to sit and do nothing. Is this what a normal family is? I want to go live with my boyfriend but I can’t cuz I’m too young and he could get in trouble, he’s been so supportive of me through everything he begs me for him to come get me but ik he would be in huge trouble if he did. I’m tired of waiting.

Reply: I’m tired of my family

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    It sounds like you are frustrated with your parent’s being so strict and their behavior is hard for you to tolerate. We are sorry for your loss. It sounded like you were very close to your grandmother. We can only imagine how hard emotionally that must have been for you.
    It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did well by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Sometimes it helps to have a circle of support. Your boyfriend sounds like someone you feel supported by. We understand that it’s becoming harder to cope with your parent’s rules. Perhaps it might help if you can avoid any confrontations with them. This might help things to be less stressful for you. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope being able to vent a little helped to relieve some tension you might have been feeling.

Take care,
    NRS
    We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X