No announcement yet.

how to get into a foster home with just emotional abuse

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how to get into a foster home with just emotional abuse

    i cant take it with my family anymore, my mom insults me all the time and is never satisified, i tried to get her and even did a few family sessions with my therapist, she said i have a bad attitiude and continues to say that, she threatens to take away my door and has already taken away my phone, my father is the same and says i need to learn how to behave, however they have hit my brother, and so have they done with me in the past, it only left my brother with a bruise once, however that was years ago and he has healed since. my mother is manipulative and has tried to convince me that multiple things are my fault and im irresponsible and selfish, she switches from being helpful to calling me stupid and asking for too much, she and my dad insult my brother when he loses at basketball and make him insecure about his video games, taking them more than one occasion due to arguments and not actual reason, she said to me today she can threaten me all she likes after i told her she shouldnt threaten to hit me, i want to leave with my brother, perhaps im belittling my own situation but i feel unsafe and uncared for, i thought for sure my mother was going to hit me and pull my hair today after an intense disagreement, please help me understand what i need to do to leave

  • #2
    Hey There,

    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned that you and your younger brother are being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. Neither of you deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

    Often, leaving home can have unexpected issues arise. Your parents could file a runaway report, which is essentially a missing person report. We’re not legal experts, but generally speaking if a report has been filed and the authorities locate you, you will be returned home. Other things to think about are how you would cover necessities like food, shelter, clothing, transportation, etc.

    We know that this can all be overwhelming. If you’d like to go more in-depth about what’s going on, or if you want to explore other options that may be available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on the top of our homepage.

    All the best,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp