No announcement yet.

My parents want to take me to mexico

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My parents want to take me to mexico

    Okay my parents want to take me to mexico
    im 22 years old im mexican and i have a girlfriend who is pregnant right now she have 6 months pregnant and she is american she is white, my parents coming from mexico to california to make me a drug test because when i was 19 years old they take me to mexico to a REHAB because i was doing weed now is the same thing i have 22 years old and im still doing weed and they going to drug test me and they wanted to take me to mexico and i cant do that my question is they can do that? Take me to mexico im here on United Stated with Visa of Tourist but im living here right now because my girlfriend i live with her and shes pregnant ? Can i call the cops if they want to force to take me to mexico ?? I have my own apartment my own bills and i have a job here in california

  • #2
    Hey there,

    Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out. We’re not legal experts here at NRS, but you a legal adult in the state of California, so your parents don’t have the authority to make you do one thing or another. It sounds like the situation may be complicated. It may be a good idea to look towards local legal aid groups. A resource that may be helpful is You can go online and search for legal aid groups near you.

    If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

    All the best,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      I’m currently 16 right now and I turn 17 in the first week of July. And I wanted to know if I can get arrested for running away Again....the first time I did I was 15 and I was gone for 2 months . But this time I want to run away to a different state (Baltimore, Maryland) and I WANT to continue school out there and jut move my life out there . I’m currently employed where I live in California. And where Iam residing now Iam BERY unhappy an I’ve told my guardians this for 6 years . But they don’t listen or care about how I feel, they can be verbally and emotionally abusive AND they bring me down constantly and we’re the reason I got sent to a mental institution, I don’t live my parents my dad gave up his rights and I got removed from my moms custody by the judge and the judge granted my aunt and grandma custody of me. I can’t count the MANYY times I’ve told the adults and my guardians that I just don’t want too live with them anymore but they disregard it ALL and yell or just say your not living an I’ve said this all with tears pouring out of my eyes and written letters and have tried talking about it but they don’t care . I don’t know what to do anymore......


      • ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It is understandable that you would want to leave a place where your feelings and emotional needs are not being met. It must be really hard to want to open up to people that do not listen to you.
        It sounds like you have runaway before but now you would like to know more about the legal aspect of leaving home. We want you to know that we are not legal experts nor are we affiliated with the police so we can only speak generally about what could happen if a youth leaves home without the consent of a guardian. Leaving home without parental consent (running away) is not a crime, so the police will not arrest you. If you do leave home without permission your guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. Running away is not a crime it is a status offence (something that only a minor can get in trouble for: truancy, buying cigarettes, etc.) this means that if you have any interaction with the police they will simply return you home. On the other hand the people that you are found to be staying with could face legal consequences that vary depending on your state. You can find out more about how runaway’s reports are carried out by contacting your local police department.
        Again, thank you for reaching out. It seems like you are in a difficult situation and we want you to know that we are here for you. If you ever want someone to talk to, to vent about how things are going, you are always welcome to contact us. 1-800-786-2929
        Best wishes,
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp