No announcement yet.

Freshman Runaways

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshman Runaways

Me and my best friend are planning on running away. We both live in horrible situations, me I have a father that doesn’t care about me and will let me starve for days on end. My best friends mom is extremely bipolar and abuses her regularly. We have around $800 together. We live in NH and are planning to go stay with some friends we have outside of San Francisco in CA. We can easily take busses across the country and get there. I’m worried about school. We’re only freshman and we want to finish school. Is there a way to transfer your credits without leaving any traces of you so you’re parents could track you?

Thank you for writing us. It sounds like life at home is very difficult at the moment. We are an organization that serves the whole country with no lawyers on staff so we are not intimately familiar with laws and regulations for every county in the US. You could try calling your school counselor or a local one anonymously to get this information. Also remember that if your parents file a runaway report and the police find you, whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway. Thank you so much for reaching out for support. We wish you the best of luck with everything.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X