Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19, college student, no car, toxic family

I used to be suicidal and a runaway, when I was a minor. And even when I was 18, the police would not let me leave. I've been dealing with toxic, violent younger siblings for ten years and every time I voice my opinion my dad thinks I'm being arrogant, or I'm challenging him.

I have money to go places but not enough to get a Lyft or an Uber. And it costs half a grand just to get Drivers Ed in Louisiana. I just wanna go back to Natchitoches and cut my family off completely. The crisis text line doesn't want to help me cause I'm not suicidal or homicidal. None of my friends are able to come get me and my boyfriend is in Florida with his family. We are on winter break until January 12th.

What do I do?

Hi,
    Thank you for your post. It must be frustrating and hurtful living within a toxic family environment—and on top of that, being pushed down or called arrogant for speaking up. It’s understandable that you would want to remove yourself from that situation. Unfortunately we do not know of a resource that would be able to pick you up, but if you give us a call we will do our best to find appropriate resources and brainstorm options with you. You are not alone!
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X