No announcement yet.

I hate my stepdad

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my stepdad

I am 16 and when I was 10, my father passed away. Up until then, me, my brother and my mom and dad lived a very happy life. A few months after he passed, my mother got into a relationship with another man. At first i thought he was actually a good guy, but of course, I was wrong. After he moved in with us, he let his true colors show. He would lose his temper for no reason and he made some vital changes in my mother. She never used to drink, and now both of them drink to excess every single day. They both call me useless and if they see one little thing out of place, he loses it. He'll call me trashy, and worthless. The verbal abuse never ends. Once, he caught me self harming, and his first reaction was to laugh and call me a psycho. I'm honestly done. Im to the point where I'm having suicidal thoughts, and I don't know what to do. He tries his hardest to make me miserable and it's to the point where I'm scared to leave my room because I know as soon as he sees me, he'll find some reason to yell at me. He's even gone as far as to break a snow globe I got from my grandmother when I was 3, just because I didn't turn the bathroom light off. He's thrown fans, salt shakers, even metal spatulas at me. And my mom just takes his side. Please, I just need advice from someone.

Hi, thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re so sorry to hear what you’re going through with your stepdad. Everyone deserves to feel safe at home, and you are absolutely not useless or worthless.

You mentioned suicidal thoughts – you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 if you need to talk to someone, go to their website at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or call 911 if you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself.

The verbal and physical abuse you are experiencing from your stepdad are absolutely not okay, and it sounds like it must be upsetting that your mom doesn’t do anything. We want you to know that you have the option to report the abuse. If you decide to do this, or want to learn more about it, you can contact the National Child Abuse hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or look at their website, www.childhelp.org.

Another great resource if you’re looking for support about your mom and stepdad’s drinking, and also since you mentioned self-harm, is SAMHSA, the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration. You can call them at 1-877-726-4727 or visit www.samhsa.gov.

Finally, you can always reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), or chat with us online at www.1800runaway.org, if you have more questions or need to talk further. We are here to talk 24/7 and completely confidential. Best of luck with everything, and stay safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X