Problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems

i have so many problems right now. my grades are slipping and i feel like im worthless. my sister constantly makes fun of me and my grandmother whenever she has a bad day at work she takes it out on me. I want to runaway but i dont kno where to go. ther's woods behind m house but i wouldn't feel safe there. Please help!

Re: Problems

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. First, you stated that your sister makes fun of you everyday. That sounds like a difficult position to be in right now. What is your reaction when she makes fun of you? Have you or anyone else tried confronting her about this issue? You also mentioned your grandmother taking her bad days out on you in your other post. What happens when you talk to her? How do you see these situations changing?

You say you want to run away, but do not know where to go. Where were you thinking you would go? It most states it is not illegal to run away, but it can be considered illegal to harbor a runaway. Is there anywhere you could go temporarily with your mom’s permission? We are able to look up shelters if you decide that is an option. We are available 24/7 at our hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY.

You also mentioned getting yelled at because of your grades which must be tough. Have you had trouble with your grades in the past? If so, what did you do to bring them back up? Is there a particular subject that you struggle with? Have you considered tutoring or getting extra help from a teacher?

You also stated that when your dad yells at you, you feel like he is about to hit you. That must be pretty scary. How do you cope when that happens? Has anything like that happened before? You mentioned talking about your grades with your dad tomorrow. Have you planned what you would like to say?

You also said that you will have to go live with your dad. How definite is this and is this something your mom is agreeing to as well? What is her take on the situation? Is there any room for compromise? You mentioned your parents are divorced which must be hard. You also stated that you live with your mom, but do you know the custody arrangement? We are not legal experts here, but if you would like some legal aid referrals we can provide that based on your city and state.

You talked about having to get out and in your first post you stated going to the woods. You said you didn’t feel safe doing so, but weren’t sure where else you could go. If you would like to discuss that or anything else in more detail, you are welcome to call our hotline. We hope this helps and hope you see your situation improving.

Best of Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

the woods is a place me and the two neighbor kids constantly go and the people next to the woods have a little treehouse which they hardly use. my friends might be able to bring me food and its not very far from my house

Comment

Thank you for responding back. It sounds like you have put some thought into running away to a tree house in the wood and having your friends bring you food. How long do you plan on being gone? Do you think anyone would notice that you are living in the neighbor’s tree house? It is good that you have a plan, but have you considered any other options or when the weather gets colder?

You can call Convenant House “Nineline’ at 1800-999-9999 or view their website at http://www.covenanthouse.org/ for other options. They are available 24 Hours, and confidential crisis line for anyone in need. They can provide information and referral source for adults and youth. You are welcome to call us here at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you want to talk. We are here 24/7. We look forward in hearing from you!

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X