hi there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi there

I want to leave. My parents dont understand what Im going through. The only thing that they do for me is make me want to cut. I have two younger brothers. They are not adopted I am. Im not wanted here. Im not wanted anywhere.

Re: hi there

Thanks for writing to us. It sounds like there’s a lot going on and you’re feeling like you don’t belong at home. That’s got to be a tough feeling to have. What makes you feel like you don’t belong at home? You mentioned that your parent’s don’t understand. Have you talked to them about what’s going on? What is there response? What types of things would you like to see your parent’s do differently? Are these things you have control over? What are the things that you have control over and could possibly change? Sorry to bombard you with questions. Our goal at the National Runaway Switchboard is not to tell you what to do, but we want to help you really think through the situation and find a solution that you’re comfortable with.

You mentioned that all your parents make you want to do is cut. Are you currently cutting yourself? What is it that cutting does for you? Do others in your life know that you’re cutting? If so, what is their reaction? How do you feel about the fact that you cut? It sounds like you’re trying to figure out options to make yourself feel better at home.

The first thing that you wrote is that you want to leave. What exactly do you mean by this? Runaway? That’s definitely a big decision. Here’s a great list of questions to ask yourself before running away (also listed on our website):

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?, What would make me stay at home?, How will I survive?, Is running away safe?, Who can I count on to help me?, Am I being realistic?, Have I given this enough thought?, What are my other options?, If I end up in trouble, who will I call?, When I return home, what will happen?

Have you thought through all these questions? Like stated before, we’re not here to tell you what to do, including whether or not to runaway. What we are here for is to provide a listening and supportive ear. You’re absolutely welcome to call us anytime if you want to talk more in-depth about any of this. We’re 100% confidential and anonymous, meaning we don’t need to know who you are or where you are. We would be happy to talk to you about how you’re feeling and what you want to see happen. We would also be able to discuss different possible options and help you come up with a safe plan of action that you’re comfortable with. Someone is always here, so call anytime day or night. Best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X