Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting away from my mom

My mom is CRAZY! Im 16 and I recently found out that I am pregnant. My mom has done everything in her power to make my life miserable. My mom has alot of anger issues, very bipolar and moody. She has disputes with her boyfriend about every 2 weeks and she yells at me for it. She just recently told me to get out of her apartment and flipped me off. She has threatened to kill herself also. I just don't know what to do. I can't deal with her. I have a baby, and school in which starts in about a week again. I have lived with my boyfriend for almost 8 months and she has barely provided groceries, money or anything. I made all my prenatal appointments by myself because she refuses. I try getting her to make me a dentist appointment but she is too busy. I need to get away. Please help, I don't know what to do anymore. This has been going on for about a year and a half now. I live in michigan and nobody seems to know how to help.

RE: Getting away from my mom

Hey there,
    Thank you for contacting us here at NRS. It sounds like you have a lot going on, it shows a lot about you for reaching out, you should be proud of yourself. The problems with your mom sound frustrating. Have you talked with her about how you feel or what she is doing? This may sound like a waste of time but sometimes parents don’t know what they are doing until it is brought to their attention, this may not be the case though. If this isn’t and your mom knows what she is doing, have you been able to talk to a family member or friend about what is going on? Talking everything out may not solve all of the problems but it can help. You had said something about your mother threatening to kill herself, this sounds serious. The National Suicide Hotline is a good resource when it comes to that, even if you are not calling for yourself. They can help talk you through what could be going on and how to handle different situations.
    That is good that your boyfriend has been able to be supportive for you. This is a tough situation and a good support system is always a nice help. Pertaining to your baby, calling your local Planned Parenthood could be an option. They have lots of resources when it comes to making prenatal appointments and taking care of yourself during the pregnancy. You seem to be trying the best you can, and you should be proud of yourself for that. Nobody deserves to be mistreated.
    If there is anything else you could need feel free to call us at our 24/7 toll-free hotline at 1800-RUNAWAY (2929). We will be more than happy to help you with anything you need, whether it be providing any other resources you need or just being a listening ear. We also have a live chat form that is open daily from 4:30pm-11:30pm. Again, if there is anything you need, feel free to contact us at any time.
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X