Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

My dad is a drug addict. My mom calls me names hits me throws things at me and says no one loves me. I go to my grandparents every other weekend and every Thursday can I live with them permanently? I almost killed my self over this and I am about to run away please help.

RE: Help Please

Hey there,
    Thank you for contacting us here at NRS. It sounds like you have a lot going on. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. That is good that you are able to go to your grandparents as a safe place and have a support system, a good support system is a very important thing to have. You had mentioned that you had almost killed yourself over this, is this something other people know about or have you talked about it, and the situation at home, with anybody? Though talking things out can’t fix everything, as we had said earlier, a good support system is very important. Talking with a close family member, friend, or even school counselor can make a world of difference. The national suicide hotline, 1800-273-TALK (8255) is a helpful resource that could be useful
    Pertaining to the moving in with your grandparents permanently, we are not legal experts here, so anything we suggest is not a guaranteed. With that said, there are ways we can help. You had said that your mother hits you and throws things at you, is this something you have reported to the police? If not, you can, or if you feel more comfortable we can help you, make an abuse report. There is also a resource called Child Help USA, 1800-422-4453, that can give you more information about reporting. This report has the potential to remove you from your parents and place you somewhere else. As stated earlier, this is not a guaranteed outcome, situations vary depending on severity. If you haven’t already, talking with your grandparents could be an option and maybe there is a way they can help you out.
    It takes a lot to reach out when you are in crisis, it shows a lot that you did, you should be proud of yourself. Nobody deserves to be physically/emotionally/ verbally abused. If there is anything you need, whether it be just wanting to talk or if you need resources don’t be afraid to call our 24/7 toll-free hotline at 1800-RUNAWAY (2929) or you can contact us at our online live chat. Thank you again for reaching out to us, that takes a lot.
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X