No announcement yet.

I want to seek help but I don’t want to hurt my family

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to seek help but I don’t want to hurt my family

I have always had issues with my parents, but recently I’ve been fed up and I’m ready to do something to make the situation for me and my siblings better, as of now I am considering visiting my school guidance counselor, but I have a problem and that is the only parent of mine that has done something that could make them appear as an invalid parent according to guidelines, my father, this is a problem because most of my problems are caused by my mom not my dad, my dad has mental illness and sometimes can’t control himself, my mom does not but still chooses to make poor parenting decisions therefore I see her as a bigger problem, I don’t know what to do, tell my counselor and potentially incriminate my father or do nothing for my fathers sake, is there a third option that might solve this dilemma?

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway. We appreciate you sharing about the difficulties you have been having with your parents and how insightful you have been with the difference between mental health and parenting. You have already thought of a positive step towards finding support my going to your school guidance counselor as they may have recommendations for resources, could help mediate a conversation between you and your parents, or just provide some emotional support in regards to the stress you have been experiencing. If you feel that what you are experience is any form of abuse, you can report directly to Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline) 1-800-422-4453 or childhelp.org.
    Also another way you can seek help is reaching out to a friend or teacher school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov (call them directly at 1-877-726-4727) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI to help you find the support that you need.
    We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X