No announcement yet.

i’m stuck at home with parents who hate me

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i’m stuck at home with parents who hate me

i feel so alone. i started doing online school this year bc i always had a hard time going to public school. My “friends” basically forgot about me until i got a job and started getting money. my depression has only gotten worse over the years and my parents don’t take it serious. even after the doctor has told them i need to go to therapy and potentially be put on meds, they think i’m dramatic.i’m constantly at home and all my parents do is fight. my mom refuses to get a divorce unless she gets basically all of my dads money. he can’t risk it so they’re still together. idk if they think this is helping me by staying together, but it’s made things worse. my brother recently died and so i don’t have anyone to relate to. when he was alive tho he went through losing a brother, he also had bipolar and depression and my parent did everything they could do to help him. but they treat me like i’m nothing and just not worth their time. it’s just me and my parents in the house. they constantly tell me everything i’m doing with my life is wrong and i’m never gonna go any where. my mom tells people all about what’s wrong with me but ALWAYS forgets to mention her part in the story. she tells me i should kill my self. she tells me she wishes i wasn’t her daughter. she says i’m dramatic and spoiled and thinks bc she occasionally gets me things and does things for me the way she treats me is okay. i tell her exactly how i feel. i tell her i feel like i wanna kill myself. i tell her our living situation isn’t normal. i tell her she makes me feel terrible about myself to the point where my image of myself is trash. she brushes it off and somehow gets to yelling at me about things i do to her. all i do is argue back. other then that i sit in my room all day and cry. i just cry and cry and i don’t bother trying to talk to her anymore. she doesn’t get it. no one does. i CANT stay in this house. all i’m doing here is getting sadder each day. i’m scared how things will be in a new months bc as of rn everything’s been just going downhill.

Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time and are feeling pretty isolated. It must be hard to be cut off from your friends and to have lost your brother who sounds like he was a source of support for you. You have a lot on your plate with your family situation, work and online school. You did the right thing reaching out to us as finding support resources for yourself is very important especially as you mention running away or killing yourself as things you have been thinking about.
    You don’t say how old you are but you may be able to access some mental health services independently of your parents. It sounds as though you are very self aware about how you are feeling and about the mental health history in your family. You have reached out to your parents but are not finding that they are helping you. NRS has volunteers in the call center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week who talk with you about how you are feeling, what your options might be to seek help and support and to provide resources near where you live. We are completely confidential and are here to listen. Everyone needs and deserves support from their loved ones. However, sometimes that doesn’t work out. We can provide you with some more targeted crisis lines that may be able to provide you with specific mental health resources. Some of these resources are listed here for you.
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255 www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) (800) 950-6264 or www.nami.org
    SAMHSA (877)-726-4727 www.samhsa.gov
    Running away can have serious consequences that you can talk through with one of our volunteers. You can discuss with them your thoughts on how you would take care of yourself if you were to run away. Depending on your age, your parents can report you to the police as a runaway. While it is not illegal to runaway, the police will return you to your parents if they are able to find you and there can be legal consequences for friends or family who provide you with shelter.
    It sounds like you have made a lot of efforts to discuss your situation with your parents and to seek help through them. You are very strong to look for resources outside of your home when they didn’t help you. Do you have any family or friends nearby who know your situation and might be able to provide you with help and support? Your thoughts of self harm are concerning. I hope you will reach out either to us at NRS (800) 786-2929 or to some of the other crisis lines provided. You have taken steps to help yourself and we are here to listen if you need us.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X