Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother is perposefully trying to make me flunk school (or just doesnt care)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother is perposefully trying to make me flunk school (or just doesnt care)

Hello, and I am a student in Florida. In a program, this is a rigorous, intense program in high school in which you undergo schooling at a higher level than traditional programs. Recently this past quarter my mother has neglected to provide me necessary tools (such as a printer or my phone in order to contact partners for projects) to do well. At points she has straight up denied me from getting my bag from my grandparents or letting them bring it to me when I had multiple homework assignments and projects due and she wouldn't allow me access until the night before. At first I thought she gave up on trying to help me, but then I realized she was trying purposefully to degrade me. She has lied telling teachers I am lazy and don't make the right decisions and just want to play game, knowing FULL WELL that I don't have access to my ps4 and that when I can I try to get work done and study. This behavior from her is scaring me as my father is hospitalized and can't do much and she is now my legal mother. She won't let me leave to my grandparents where I can do work and has left me home alone with no computer access or internet access constantly. Even now I had to find a power plug to write this. I would very much like to know what actions I may take to fight this as I want to succeed and do well and have a future,
    Thank you

Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-05-2018, 01:56 AM.

Reply: My mother is perposefully trying to make me flunk school (or just doesnt care)

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We’re sorry to hear that you having such difficulties at home. It sounds unfair for you mother to deny you access to the computers so that you can complete your school projects.
    It must be frustrating trying to understand what her motives might be.
    With your father in the hospital it must be even more difficult for you to even concentrate on school.
    Sometimes when there is a family crisis people reactions and emotions can become uncertain and it makes it hard for them to manage everyday life.
    We hope that he gets better soon.

There may be some options to consider concerning getting your school work in on time.
    Perhaps you can use the school computers or visit the library to get your work in on time.
    If you need it, talk to your teachers let them know your struggle. This may help if you need to extend the deadline time. These are just a couple of options in hopes of providing a solution to your problem.
    We hope that it helped to reach out to us and talk about your situation.
    If you would like to talk more about your situation, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live chat).

Good luck and take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X