No announcement yet.

12 years old, trans, mentally abused, already wrote suicide note and will

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 years old, trans, mentally abused, already wrote suicide note and will

I need to run away. The only thing stopping me is transportation. I found a shelter in my state but it's a two hour drive away from me. I can't stay at my house anymore I don't know what to do. It's either that or suiide

Hi there,
    We are very sorry to hear about the tough time you’re going through right now. Please know that you are not alone, and you don’t have to face this by yourself. We are here to help, and we have a large database of resources of other organizations that may be able to offer help as well. So, it’s great that you got in touch with us.
    It sounds like you are strongly considering running away. That’s a really big decision to make. Just so you know, we never tell anyone what to do and are here to support you as best we can no matter what you decide. We are pretty concerned when you mention suicide. Please know that you do have options, and things definitely can get better. One resource that many have found helpful is the suicidepreventionlifeline.org at 1-800-273-8255. There’s also thetrevorproject.org at 1-866-488-7386. Just talking things through is a good idea, and it may help put things in perspective. Or, if you are in immediate danger, dial 911 for help. Of course, we are always here for you 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    If you decide to leave home to stay at a shelter or somewhere else we can try to advocate for you, perhaps by calling the shelter on your behalf to see what transportation suggestions they might have. We also have a large database of resources: other shelters, counseling resources, legal aid, and the like. Just give us a call or you can always use our chat services on our website.
    Please be safe. We hope to hear from you!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Don't give up on anything. There is always a chance that things will get better. I can't say i have been through exactly what you have but I mean my cousin is FTM and had similar thoughts and now he got the help he needed and he is doing much better. I am thinking about running away bc I don't feel safe at home anymore but you should never give up on LIFE. Everything will turn out OK.
      Last edited by ccsmod7; 12-07-2018, 10:26 AM. Reason: identifying information

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you,

NRS

What shelter is it? Is it in Utah or one of the surrounding states? Please get back to me!

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are not a shelter sadly but do give out shelter resources in your area. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe, NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X