Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 years old want to move with friend

I'm 14 years old and I want to live with my friend. He is willing to take me into his arms and his parents. My family doesn't give a crap about me one bit and always yells at me for doing something simple.. It got to a point where I cut and I have to go to bridge to clear my mind cuz its the easiest place ik that I can be alone. My friend is willing to pay for a ticket for me and take me to his home so that I can be accepted like a regular human beind and cared for. I am also going to get emancipated aswell to his family to adopt me. He is 20 and he cares a lot for me to even help... He is like a brother to me

Hello there,
    Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like home life has been stressful for you and you want to escape and have peace. It makes sense you’d want to live in an environment where you feel cared for. It sounds like you’ve been coping the best way you know how and now you’re overwhelmed and ready to move to a new place. It was brave of you to reach out when you’re considering leaving home.
    You mentioned wanting to move in with your friend. Since you are 14, you’re considered a minor. We don’t offer specific legal advice, but we can go over some possibilities of running away. As a minor, you could be required to return home if your parents file a runaway report and do not agree in letting you stay with your friend. You mentioned wanting to file for emancipation, which is also an option. It is also possible to be adopted, however we can’t say for sure how this process will go. If you feel unsafe at home, you have the option of filing an abuse report. It should also be noted, your friend could be charged with harboring a minor if you run away and live with him. Again, we are not legal experts, these are just possibilities.
    To discuss your situation in greater detail and explore more possible options, feel free to call us at 1-800-786-2929. We also have a chat option as well. We’re here 24/7 and are looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for reaching out.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X