Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m going mad; should I run?

I am 15 years old, and my dog has just died. I don’t know whether my parents and I can handle all of this war with each other. The worst thing is that we love each other so much, and many times when I hear them screaming at me, they say that they love me, but I am acting like I don’t. We always sleep together and night!! It isn’t fair! They always ask me what is the problem and what I can do; my answer always enrages them and so does my keeping silent. I have to say something, but according to them, whatever I say is wrong. I tell them that but that makes them furious that I am blaming them! I am going mad and am becoming terrified of home, but I love them! I can’t be with or without them!
    ccsmod7
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 11-26-2018, 04:26 PM. Reason: identifying information

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and for sharing your story with us. We are sorry for the loss of your dog and your grief. We are also sorry to hear about your situation and what you’ve been dealing with.

It sounds like a lot is going at home with your parents, especially that you feel like you can’t say what you need to say without being judged. You may not be able to influence how they respond to you, but you can manage your reactions and not give them control in the situation. If you haven’t already, we would encourage you to write down how you feel for your own sake to vent your emotions, as well as to be able to articulate them in a way that perhaps feels less confrontational to your parents. Other ways to cope with everything could include speaking with friends, engaging in a physical activity you enjoy, journaling and listening to music. If you were interested, we also offer conference-calling as an option, where we would mediate a constructive conversation between your parents and yourself in order to reach an understanding.

If you would like to talk about other resources and support, feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
    We hope this information was helpful and take care.
    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X