i was thinking of running away, here's why

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i was thinking of running away, here's why

i know i must b pretty annoying but am i talkin to a machine? do u think when i leave and come back my parents have the right to give me to a shelter or camp or a place that i wont have a say till 48 days? if they dont want me i would like to b in a place where i can use a phone go out have privilages but most of all if i could choose it would be a friends house

Comment

Unfortunately, we don’t know for sure what would happen if you leave and come back. As we stated before, there’s many different ways that the local police handle runaways that are almost 18. What we do know is that most often when it comes to shelters, the youth has to be willing to stay. Meaning they’re not lock-down facilities. When it comes to camps, these are generally hard to find and the ones that are out there are very expensive.

If you have any other questions or concerns, remember our hotline is 24/7. Maybe you’d be able to call from school or a friend’s house if you’re not able to call from home. Since the bulletins are not generally meant for ongoing communication, we won’t be able to keep responding back. We hope you’re able to figure things out and make the decision that’s best for you and your safety.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

well here i am giving you guys at 1-800-runaway a up date.

my family all moved into a house together. I share a room with my mom and my sister shares a room with my brother and the love birds get their own room. We gotta puppy recently which hasnt helped me cope my feelings, we only got him because my aunt wet into a spirling depression (no she didn't) and of course everyone yells some more
        --->it has not gotten any better<-----
        my sister is pregnant with a whiny little girl which is due in august, she thought the guy loved her but he dumps her when she finds out shes pregnant, go figure! While my brother cts more like a dad to me in bad way, he yells more then he hits. Once a few weeks ago, mom allowed us to drink and he knocked me to the ground, he was drunker then molasses. My aunt and uncle complain about everything i do, my time on the laptop, my chores, how i can't do anything right...... at least i got friends
        yes, i met some more while this little point in time came, and they urge me to get away...... i need help now.
        i'm thinking of emancipation now more than ever

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for thinking of us and sharing more of your story. We are sorry to hear that things haven’t much improved in your home situation. But, it sounds like a great step to start making more friends. We are glad that they have been a support system for you.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you still feel like you need to get out of your house. In one of your earlier posts you mentioned you would be turning 18 soon. How old are you now? If you aren’t 18 yet, how much longer do you have? What is your plan for once you do turn 18 (or now that you are)?

From all of our previous correspondence it seems like you have a pretty good understanding of the pros and cons of running away. For youth who can support themselves, emancipation can be a great alternative option. Do you have a job? Would you be able to support yourself outside of your family? If you want more detailed information about how emancipation works in your state, you can call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Best of luck,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X