Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to move out

My step dad came into my life when I was around 6. But I have never seen him as my dad. He always treats his biological daughter better than me and my sister. I constantly argue with him and he always uses my happiness as leverage. To try and make me be good, but it never works because I don't want him and his stupid rules to control me. When we do argue he always twists the story to make me seem like the bad one and then tells it to my mum. All the reasons he has for telling me of are completely stupid. Some are smiling, not smiling, arguing back etc. I'm the only one in the house who will stand up to him. Yesterday he put his hands around my neck and tried to choke me and pushed me to the ground. He has never done this before. But then later he said he would do it again and even slam my head into a wall. I really don't want him to control me anymore, I want to move out of something I'm almost 16. But what should I do I hate him.

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. No one deserve to be harmed and threatened like that. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA, so we do not want to misinform you if you aren't located in the states. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X