18 want to get away from my parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 want to get away from my parents

My parents and I live in a household that gives me anxietey, depression, and anger issues that are directly cause by them. Unefortunatley they are to stubborn to see that and when i tell them I want to live on my own they will not let me. I have no clue what to do i am caught in a vicious unhealthy cycle with my parents and I think it'd be best if I leave but I have no clue how to do any of that

Hi There,

We are glad you reached out to us, it sounds like you are in a tough situation and we are here to support you. We are sorry to hear that your household gives you anxiety, depression and anger issues. That must be really hard to be going through and we are here to help the best we can.

While we are not legal experts we can speak generally on your situation. Generally in the United States you have to be 18 to be able to leave home without your parents’ permission. There are some states where this may be different, but generally the age where you are considered an adult and can leave home without being filed a runaway is age 18. If you were to leave, where would you go?

It may be helpful to reach out to other family members or friends about what is going on, such as an aunt or uncle or maybe grandparents. We are sorry to hear that you are going through this, it sounds like you are in a tough spot.

We are here to support you, and if you would like to talk more in depth about your situation or find any resources in your area such as shelters or counseling resources we are available 24/7 to talk at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X