Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know if it's abuse now, but it was before.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if it's abuse now, but it was before.

I think I should start off with some background information. I am 18 now, but when I was 10 I was beaten with a belt until I had bruises all over my legs. This went on for a couple months and only last year did I come to terms with that being abuse and not something I 'deserved'. I still live with my parents, but I have a part-time job and i'm in college.
    I have a partner whose family is tremendously kind to me and I stayed late at their house (10:22 at night) and I come home to find that my car is no longer mine because i'm out late. I wake up to see a text from my mother that says how it's because I don't care about her. They also removed the heater from my room (because I left it n once and it could 'burn the house down' a small portable heater) I sleep with a heating pad and bundle up at night. My mother is manic bipolar and she's definitely said worse, including telling me she wants to kill herself on my birthday last year, but it was all too much last night and today.
    I just don't know if I should stay and I want advice from people who've been where I've been.
    Thanks

Hi, it looks like you've reached out to us through one of our other platforms (email, chat, phone, etc). We hope that was helpful, but feel free to reach out by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or chat if you have further questions. Take care!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X