conflicted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conflicted

I'm 19 and I know I can leave if I would like. But I'm a senior I'm hs, and I have 3 siblings all younger then me. My hone life is bad and my whole family knows it (grandparents,aunts,cousins) my dad is very strict and unfair with me. I hsve a job but he's cut my hours threaten to force me to quit and yelled at me every night when I got home. They require me to take care of siblings take them to practices and friends houses. My boyfriend is at basic so o can't confined him for help but ever since I was a little girl I have felt like the outsider. And I never could do anything right in the house. I'm worked like a slave here I can't even study at night when I'm not working because they have me cleaning for them. I'm expected take aright A's on top of that. My mom works all day and my dad hates me. I used to be abused by hom but when everyone started finding out he stopped that but he yells at me on a daily basis and I'm ready to grow up and be on my own I have 4 months till I graduate. I'm lost and I'm not sure what to do but im.not sure I can take much more.

Re: conflicted

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We’re glad you reached out to us.

It sounds like there’s a lot going on at home. From what you say, you are expected to be a sister, a student, an employee, and a caretaker – all while trying to finish high school. Do you have any time for yourself to do what YOU want to do? Sometimes when we work so hard at being who we are told be, with no time to be who we truly are, we can start to feel a little isolated and – like you said – an outsider. If you call in to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can work with you to make a plan where time and space can exist just for you …whether that’s with friends, a club at school, time/space for yourself, etc.

You mentioned a previous history of abuse with your dad. While it sounds like the abuse has stopped, we want you to know that no one has a right to hurt you. If this abuse starts to happen again, you can call us confidentially to get help or you can call the police right away. What causes your dad to get so angry? Are there certain times of day or certain things that spark a fight? Again, if you would like to talk to one of us, we could discuss the pattern of fighting with your dad and think of ways to avoid getting involved in an argument with him.

Graduating high school is a very eventful time, and it sounds like you are very busy on top of it. We want you to know that we are always here to help at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24/7. Again, thank you for contacting us, and we wish you the best.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X