I need to leave home.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to leave home.

Hi, I am 15 and a female... I have been feeling neglected by my mother for a while now. But her new boyfriend (as of the beginning of this year) has added a ton of stress on top of what I had before... I recently got into trouble smoking and sneaking out(I only did that once).

I went to my 18 year old boyfriends house. We didn't do anything sexual (we never have) but when I came home the next day, my mom took my phone and my iPad and I'm grounded now. She said that if I even text him, she will press charges... Can she even do that?!

Anyways, my aunt, my grandma, my great aunt, and my dad(who doesn't take care of himself, let alone a child) all agree with me that I need to get out of my house. My moms boyfriends kids and our dogs, and her boyfriend himself, and my moms cleaning job all CLEARLY come before me on my mothers list of priorities, I just feel unloved and uncared for. I am afraid of ASKING my mom to leave, but I know she wouldn't give her permission... What can I do? I do not feel that I am in a good, healthy/stable environment for myself, I am also depressed and waiting to get a therapist through my school.

RE: I need to leave home

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are here to provide you support and help you in the best possible way during this time.

It sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now at home with your mom and her boyfriend. You do not deserve to be neglected or treated this way. We are sorry that you hear that you are going through this. You are so strong for reaching out for help and information about what to do. If you feel unsafe at home and feel that you are in an abusive situation, you may consider filing a report. You do not deserve to be mistreated or feel unsafe. One really great resource that is available to you is Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453). Child Help USA will provide you more information about abuse reporting, the process, and connect you to the Child Protective Services (CPS) in your area.

If you are not comfortable with doing that you can also contact us here at NRS. We want to help you and make sure that you are safe during this time. By giving us a call here we can call CPS and provide support for you while you make the report or you can provide us with the information and we can make the report for you.

It seems like you have thought a lot about what you want to do and have sought out help. You mentioned that you have been dealing with depression. We are glad that you contacted us. We are here for you and want to help. It sounds like you have reached out to help at your school for a therapist, which is great. Another great resources that you may consider using is the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). We know that it may sound scary but they are 24/7 and handle a lot of different things and have trained professionals and counselors to help you. If you are not comfortable reaching out via phone, they also have a 24/7 Chat service.

It sounds like you may be looking for some legal services or have some questions with legal aspects. Unfortunately, we are not legal experts here but we may be able to connect you to some resources that are better fit to answer some of your legal questions.

We also just want to say thank you again for reaching out to us. We really want to help you during this time. By calling us we can talk with you further about your situation and connect you to services and resources that may be useful for you. We are here 24/7 and someone is always available to talk! We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X