No announcement yet.

I'm suicidal and scared of my own home.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm suicidal and scared of my own home.

I don't know what to do. I've been trying to just deal with my dad since i was 8 but now I'm 16 and I can't take it anymore. When I was younger he used to hit my mother and hit, drag me, throw things at me, and he would get drunk a lot. He'd come home in the middle of the night and break things and scream at us about how worthless we are. One time we were driving and he threatened to crash the car on my side so just I would die because I ruined his life. He doesn't hit me anymore but he constantly screams and insults me and says hoe stupid and worthless I am and how I shouldn't be here, all I am is a brat and a ********** and when I try talking to my mom about it I get yelled at to be quiet because it's "not my business". I've had bad depression for years and it's mostly because of him. I just don't know what to do. I want to leave. I don't know how I can leave legally. Please help.

RE: I'm suicidal and scared of my home

Hello There,

Thank you reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are here to help you and support you during this time. It sounds like you are going through a painful time at home right now

You mentioned that you have been dealing with some depression and suicidal thoughts. We are glad that you contacted us. We are here for you and want to help. One great resources that you may consider using is the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). We know that it may sound scary but they are 24/7 and handle a lot of different things and have trained professionals and counselors to help you. If you are not comfortable reaching out via phone, they also have a 24/7 Chat services.

We are sorry that you hear that you are going through this. You are so strong for reaching out for help and information about what to do. If you feel unsafe at home and feel that you are in an abusive situation, you may consider filing a report. You do not deserve to be mistreated or feel unsafe. One really great resource that is available to you is Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453). Child Help USA will provide you more information about abuse reporting, the process, and connect you to the Child Protective Services (CPS) in your area.

If you are not comfortable with doing that you can also contact us here at NRS. We want to help you and make sure that you are safe during this time. By giving us a call here we can call CPS and provide support for you while you make the report or you can provide us with the information and we can make the report for you.

You are so strong for reaching out to get help. You mentioned wanting to leave. We are not legal experts here but we would like to provide you with some general information. If you runaway and you are still considered a minor, your parents/legal guardians have a right to file a runaway report. If a runaway report is filed and you are picked up by the police for whatever reason, there is a chance that you may be returned back home, unless the police feel that they would be retuning you to an unsafe environment. Since you are considering running away, here are a few questions for you to consider:
    · Do I have a place to stay?
    · What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
    · What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
    · Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    · Do I have a safe, solid plan?
    · What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?

We are so glad that you reached out to us. You do not deserve to be mistreated are feel this way. You also talked about wanting to leave legally. One option that may be available to is emancipation. Emancipation is when a minor legally becomes an adult before the age of majority in their state. This process can be lengthy and varies from state to state. If this is something that you are considering you can contact us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can possible provide you with more information about your state and possibly connect you to some legal resources that could be helpful to you.

We are so glad that you reached out to us during this time. We are here to listen to you and to provide you support. We would love to talk with you further about you and your situation. We are here 24/7 and someone is always available. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

help

I am very alone

Comment

RE: Help

Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your post on our public forum, it seems like you're feeling a little alone right now. That's a very serious thing to be thinking about. Do you have this feeling often to the point where you are going to act on these thoughts? If you do feel like this isn’t something that you can control, please reach out to someone that can help you through those times. You shouldn't be afraid to tell other people what you are thinking about doing especially if you are thinking about hurting yourself. You are certainly not alone in this and there are many many people that are here to help you.

A good resource might be to call the ‘National Suicide Hotline’ for someone to talk about what thoughts you might be thinking at the time. Their number is 800.273.TALK. They also have an online chat service that might be of help to you especially if you don’t feel like calling in. Another thing that you can do if you’re having those thoughts and you’re already planning on taking those thoughts one step further is to call the local police department; if you are thinking about hurting yourself. They can come up and check up on things for you and make sure everyone is okay and offer some services to can step in and help you more. Someone is always willing to help you get through some of those thoughts.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 fully confidential hotline, at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a solution to the issues you are having. We also have an online chat service available every night from 4:30-11:30PM CST that is available through our website (www.1800runaway.org). If you contact us and give us more information about your location and situation we would be more than happy to help you find resources.

Hope to hear from you soon!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X