No announcement yet.

My friend has an abusive dad the cops can't do anything about

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My friend has an abusive dad the cops can't do anything about

    So my friend I have been talking to recently has been telling me about her control freak dad but recently I discovered that it goes beyond that he sometimes slaps her for no reason looks for reasons to yell at her she's 15 and can't move out to her stepdads house because she's to young she can't call the cops because slapping is considered a form of discipline and she's scared of her father because he said that he would beat her when he got out if the cops were ever called on him I need to know if there's some sort of legal loophole for her to be able to move away from him into her much more loving stepdads house please no one should have to live in this type of environment this stuff was just the tip of the iceberg I am worried for her and need help I told her I am not gonna stop digging till I find someway to get her out of that house and I intend to make good on that promise please if anyone knows a way share it with me

  • #2
    Hello There,

    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like your friend is going through a very difficult time right now. It is great that you are reaching out on their behalf it show that you are a supportive friend. Any type of abuse is unacceptable and your friend does not deserve to be treated like that. If your friend or you would like to report the abuse you or your friend can call Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. Also depending on your city and state, your friend may be able to file for emancipation. What that means is they would be considered an adult, and may be able to live at their stepdads legally. If you or your friend would like to know more about emancipation or would like some legal aid numbers you may give us a call. We hope this information was helpful in your situation, and if you have any more questions or would like to discuss your friend’s situation more you or your friend can call us at any time. We wish you the best of luck.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif