No announcement yet.

Mom kicked me out the house, any type of report i can do?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mom kicked me out the house, any type of report i can do?

    I just turned 16, 20 days ago. This is the second time my "mom" kicked me out. She kicked me out in march because I wouldn't give her the phone I bought with my own money and claimed "if you don't follow my rules, leave me house now." I don't think it was a reasonable reason, but I left. I lived with my uncle for 3 months then moved back. 2 months later, I notice her going out more, not bringing food to the house for her 2 children (8 year old brother and I) and also constant days of getting home late. I did not find that acceptable whatsoever. Mothers have a bad habit of yelling for no reason, and u understand. But ALL the time? Definitely NOT accepting that. If shed yell and did not have a reason to, yes, I'd talk back. Her reasoning for kicking me out this time was because I didn't go to school everyday and because I had a bad "attitude" I slept in a car for 2 nights before asking my uncle to move in with him just 3 nights ago. My question is, is there any way I can make a report on her? Keep in mind , I don't want to move back.

  • #2
    RE: Mom kicked me out the house, any type of report I can do?

    Hello there,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are here to provide you support and assist you in the best possible way during this time.
    It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time at home. You and your brother do not deserve to be treated like that. If you feel that you are being mistreated and abused in any way, one option is to report what is happening in the home. One great resource that is available to you is Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453). Child Help USA can talk to you more about what abuse reporting is, the process, as well as assist you with filing the report and get you in contact with your local child protective services. If you are uncomfortable with reporting, but would still like to make a report, you can give us a call here at NRS and we can talk with you further about what is going on and assist you in the reporting process.
    We want to support you and help you in any way possible during this time. Another option that you may consider is calling your local police department non-emergency number. By doing this you can ask them general questions about the types of reporting that is available to you.
    Here at NRS, we want to make sure that you are safe and connected as many resources as possible. By calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can talk with you further and possibly connect you to places or resources that may be of value to you. We are here 24/7 and someone is always available to talk. We look forward to hearing from you!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp