Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 13 and wanna run away

I live with my mom at the moment and 5 other people. (Her boyfriend, his 2 kids, and my brother)
    Since my boyfriend's kids are only 5 and 9 years younger than me she gives them more attention, which I can't stand because so far she's been practically replacing us.
    Last year, my mom, me, and my brother lived with my grandparents because we're moving, my mom never came there.
    I never wanted to run away as much as I do now.
    My dog has had problems using the bathroom outside because he can't locate the doggy door and my mom said she'd rather have me and him leave if that's what it takes for him to be gone.
    I really want to go to my dad's, but it'll take me 11 or 12 hours of walking there WITH my dog and I really don't know what to do anymore.
    Please help me, I tried talking to my mom about everything but she only calls me ridiculous.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS via our online forum service. It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation at home feeling like your mom is replacing you and your brother. You deserve to live somewhere that you feel loved and wanted. You could try to write these feelings out to your mom in a letter since you feel that trying to talk to her has not been working,

You mentioned that you want to go to your dads but it will take you a while to walk there with your dog. You could try to reach out to your dad and see if he could pick you up, or try saving money a taxi or Uber to take you there. If you reach out to the driver ahead of time, sometimes they will allow you to bring your dog into the car.

You also mentioned that you are thinking about running away. While running away is not illegal, if your mom files a runaway report with the police and the police locate you, they are obligated to bring your back to your legal guardian. Additionally, if you run away and stay with someone they may be charged with harboring a runaway. If you do decide to run away it is important to plan for your safety and ensure all of your needs will be met (food, shelter, etc). At NRS, we would be happy to work through this plan with you or provide a listening ear for everything you have been going through. We are available 24/7 at 1 (800) RUN-AWAY (786-2929). You can also chat with us online at 1800runaway.org. You are not alone and things will not always be this way. We hope this information has been helpful. Stay strong!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X