• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod16
    replied
    Re: I cant stand it here

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline! We’re really glad you contacted us and we will do our best to help you any way we can.It sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot at home for a while now and you are fed up. We’re sorry to hear that you aren’t happy and home and your parents have higher expectations of you than your brothers. It has got to be extremely frustrating to not get some freedom in return for your hard work.

We’re very sorry to hear that you have been feeling depressed and experiencing suicidal thoughts. We want you to know that you are very important and valuable and there are a lot of people out there who care about your wellbeing and want you to be safe. You mentioned that sometimes you cope with your frustration by hurting yourself. To Write Love on Her Arms is a good resource for when you feel like self-harming. They have a crisis text line that you can reach by texting “TWLOHA” to 741-741. Additionally, the National Suicide Hotline is another good resource for when you are experiencing those thoughts or just feeling sad and want someone to talk to. They can be reached at 1-800-273-TALK. Again, we want you to know that you are not alone in feeling this way and that you deserve to be happy.

In many areas there are counseling services offered from little to no cost that do not require insurance or parental permission. We would be more than happy to check if there is a service like this in your area if you feel like it might be something you would benefit from.

Have you thought about talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling? We know it can be kind of intimidating to talk in person, so at NRS we offer a conference call service. It is a three-way call between you, your parents, and one of our trained operators who is there to help mediate the call and keep it kind and productive. We would be happy to go over the service with you in more detail if you decide this would be a good option.

Thanks again for reaching out; we hope this was some help to you. We would love to speak with you further and offer support if you just need to talk or want to go over options more thoroughly. Keep your head up! Best of luck to you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I can't stand it here.

I can't stand it here.

So my family and I don't get along at all. I hate them and they hate me. All they do is yell at me even when I've done nothing wrong. They treat me like crap. My parents are more strict toward me then my two brothers. If my brother asks to go somewhere it's always yes. Without a doubt it's a yes. And if I ask I can't ever get past "can i" without them automatically blurt in out the word no. They give me no freedom. When I'm at home I get very depressed and want to die. Spending time with my family for me is like spending time in hell. I always get told to do this and that while my brothers sit and do nothing. "Do the dishes." "Clean the living room." "Clean the bathroom." "Take the trash out." Etc. It's always clean this do that and I'm sick of it. If I get an 80 in a class and the rest of my grade be an A and it's always "Why do you have an 80. Why don't you have an A? Stop goofing off in class and do you work." And sometimes it's even "give me your phone and go do your homework." Never a "good job." Or anything positive. Then there's my brother who can come home with 60's and 70's and won't get yelled at. They say "good job, make sure you keep them up." It's not fair. Yes I know life isn't fair but that's just ridiculous. They are always treating me like I'm not good enough and like nothing I do is ever going to be good enough no matter how hard I try. My brother can ask for something and they will make a special trip just to go get it. I ask for something and it's always no. They might even give the excuse of we can't afford it. But the next day they go out and buy something for my dad that we have absolutely no real need for and what ever it is that they bought always cost more then what I asked for. And 9 times out of 10 what I ask for is a lot more useful then what they buy. I'm tired of being treated lIke I'm not good enough. I feel like *** all the time and hate myself. The only time I feel okay with myself and somewhat happy is when I'm with my friends. That's why I always try to get away. But they always say no so I just end up feeling like *** all the time. My brothers piss me off all the time and when they do it result in me hurting myself because if I hurt them by hitting them or if i yell at them I get in trouble and get yelled at. So I just go to my room and punch a wall or something. I just I don't know what to do anymore. I want to live with my friend and they said they would adopt me but my parents would never agree. And if I try to leave they will come get me. They always do. I don't know how much more of the fighting with them I can take. It's stressing me out and I can't deal with it much longer. It just keeps getting worse and I can never get away. They don't know about my depression, suicidal thoughts or anything. Only about 3 of my friends know about it. I can't tell my parents for obvious reasons.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X