Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother against my LDR

I am a 16 year old girl and I am in a long distance relationship with someone from Germany for two years now. He has visited me in the United States twice, but my mother forbids me to fly alone to Germany. She doesn't like him nor want me to be with him, and she is afraid of something happening to me while I am there. I have tried basically everything to get her permission to let me go, but nothing seems to work. My brother and I have talked to her, and him and his parents have reached out to her too. She doesn't want to communicate or listen to anyone. My mother wouldn't even have to pay for the flight, since I have raised money and his parents help pay for the rest. So money isn't really the problem here. I have also showed her the insurance that you can get when purchasing a Delta flight, in case something were to happen to me. It has been 8 months since we last met.. I have been trying to convince my mother for 8 months to let me go. Sometimes my mother and I talk seriously about it, and other times we just fight. Not being allowed to go to Germany is hurting my relationship with him terribly. He has lost a lot of trust in me and we argue almost every day now because of this. I am close to just buying a flight and running away to Germany, but I'm afraid of getting caught. I don't even have a passport (since there were complications with renewing it), so it wouldn't even work anyway. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to find a way that works for everyone, but it's not possible when my mother doesn't cooperate. I can't accept her disapproval of letting me fly to Germany. When I get my passport, is it possible to just fly without her approval?

Hello. Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re very concerned about your relationship with your boyfriend. It’s totally understandable that you would want to travel to Germany to spend time with you especially since it’s been 8 months since you last met. However, unfortunately because you are 16 years old you are still considered a minor and would not be able to fly without parental consent. Something to possibly consider might be asking your boyfriend would he be open to coming back out to the United States and also consulting with your mother to see if she would be okay with him coming to visit. If you would like to discuss your situation further please feel free to reach back out to us via chat at 1800runaway.org or phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24 hours, 7 days a week. Thanks again.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X