Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I am 12 and looking for advice (I know this is in the wrong category)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I am 12 and looking for advice (I know this is in the wrong category)

I am planning to run away from home... it’s not for thrills but my life is good. It’s because I’ve realized how many runaways are in my area and I want to help them. I have a sophisticated plan to unite as many runaways as I can into a single community, with the hope of creating a happier life without having them go back to the home they hated. There once was a large group of runaways almost 30 years ago and they were happy, they looked out for eachother and cared about eachother’s well-being. I want to recreate that in my own way, but I need some advice on how to get started. I know about all the dangers and have a plan on how to counter them. Any help or information would be great to have.

again this is not simply for thrills even through I am bored in my current situation, i understand leaving home for thrills is dangerous. I don’t belong where I am and simply don’t fit in with my family and friends. While my friends might like pretty things, I like practical items. They don’t like dirt and animals like snakes, reptiles, and insects. But I love it a lot. Some people don’t understand how I can be creative and find meanings in things, while it’s so easy for me. Everyone I know cares so much about physical aspects but I care about emotions and things that can’t be explained physically.

I just don’t fit in with anyone. And think I’d do better off on my own. Instead of having people control so much in my life, I can. Instead of people expecting who I am and what I like, I would know people who might understand me better. It’s not for thrills but instead for understanding, hope you all understand that.

any advice and understanding would be helpful

Hello, Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re having a little trouble connecting with others. It’s great that you want to help others and understand the dangers of running away from home for thrills. Running away is very real and can have many different outcomes. Some things to consider might be where you’ll go and how you’ll provide for yourself if you leave home. Another option to consider is possibly talking with you parents and letting them know your feelings. One service we offer at NRS is our conference call service. This is where one of our staff can place both you and your parent on a conference call to discuss concerns and we will be there to advocate as needed. If you need anything else or would like to discuss further please feel free to reach back out to us via call, chat or email. We are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Thanks again!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thank you for responding, the problem with what you are suggesting is that I will probably be advised to help in ways that are safer (handing out gifts, talking to people, etc). But I’m afraid the only way to help runaways in my case is to run away. My idea is to form a community that makes it safer and easier for runaways to survive. But I also want a mutual understanding that can’t really happen if I am not living on the streets experiencing what they do. I can imagine that the only responses I would get by them if I didn’t experience the same that would be “you don’t understand”. If I don’t experience what they do I can’t help. I would only be a spectator who helps now and then, not someone who can change things. I can’t explain too much in fear of exposing a lot of secrets of what I’m doing. It’s secret for two reasons. One being that if people know about how the community will work, they can use it to there advantage. Two, it can keep the community separated from the way the world runs as the world can’t adapt to rules that are unknown.

I am doing this all for the reason of proving myself. I am self loathing and in a constant struggle to prove to myself that I am good. It is for me and others. If I help others I’ll have a purpose and a reason to continue. Helping others has always been known to be a great way to help yourself. If you could take this idea and I as not someone in trouble and who should be helped but someone seeking advice on how to be successful with my plan.

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit about what is going. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation. It looks like you have reached out to us through another platform already. If you have any other questions please call in to 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at 1800runaway.org and we can discuss more in detail how we can best support you more through this situation. Stay strong! You are not alone in this and we are here 24/7.
        -NRS

I can’t live with my mother anymore.
      She is abusive
      Its not that I hate her, i really do love her but she can get out of control.

Comment

• ccsmod11
        ccsmod11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, and thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit about what is going. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation. It looks like you have reached out to us through on another forum. If you have any other questions please call in to 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at 1800runaway.org and we can discuss more in detail how we can best support you more through this situation. Stay strong! You are not alone in this and we are here 24/7.
        Best, NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X