Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when I come back?

I want to run away, to get a break from life. I am fine at home but recently been feeling like life’s been exhausting. I’m worried when I come back things won’t be the same. I’m only 15 so cops would try and find me but I’d hide in the woods. I don’t want to come back and like be in trouble or whatever, and if I did it it wouldn’t be for a while maybe in the summer. Heck I might just wait till after highschool when I’m 18 summer before college and go away for a few weeks. Any recommendations ?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS via our online forum service. It sounds you’re going through a tough time right now.

You mentioned feeling really exhausted and wanting to leave home. Since you are 15, if you do run away and your parents file a runaway report, the police are obligated to return you home. It is also important to note that if you run away and stay with someone else, they may be charged with harboring a runaway. If you do decide to leave home, it’s important to make a plan for your safety and ensure all of your needs will be met (food, shelter, etc.) At NRS, we are available as a listening ear and also to help talk through this plan with you. We can be reached at 1 (800) RUN-AWAY (286-2929) and are available 24/7.

Sharing your feelings of life being exhausting with your friends, family, or a trusted adult at school is a great way to find support. You are not alone in this and many people experience similar feelings too.

It will not always feel this way. You can also try to listen to music, watch movies, hang out with friends, or do any activity you find enjoyment in as an escape from some of your current stresses. We hope this has been helpful and wish you the best. Stay strong!

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X