Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do

I'm 16 years old and I really want to run away, I've been abused by my brother for years and years and it's still going on. sexual and physical abuse . My mom can't do anything because she isn't in a good condition to stop it and my dad doesn't live with us nor does he care . I really can't live like this and it's stressful every day when I'm scared I'll be hit or touched where I don't want to be touched . I don't want my mom to be worried but I don't want to live like this anymore, I can only take so much

Thanks for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It seems you are going through an extremely difficult time and hopefully we can assist in some way. It is terrible that you are going through sexual and physical abuse by your brother. It is not right for you to endure that and have every right to protect yourself as well as be protected. It may be beneficial to contact an organization entitled RAINN. Here, you can communicate your current circumstance and talk to experience professionals about your options and ways you can get help. Their number is 1800-656-4673. They also have a website which is rain.org. We would like you to know that you have the right to report any abuse you are experiencing or get authorities involved. If you would like to talk more about ways in which you can, feel free to give us a call. You mentioned wanting to run away. In your circumstance, it is understandable wanting to leave and it is not illegal to do so especially as a means to protect yourself. It would be beneficial to explore if you know of some safe placed you can go or any places in mind as well as how you could potentially get there. Maybe you need some assistance locating an emergency shelter or temporary living arrangement, which we could assist you with looking into when you contact our hotline. We’re here to help and there are a number of other resources you could utilize. We are here 24/7 so, feel free to give us a call at any time at 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us live at any time by visiting out website at 1800runaway.org.
    Best of luck to you and we hope to hear from you soon.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X