Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m really sad and confused.

I am from washington, i am a freshman and i am raised by a muslim family. My parents are quite religious and have many strong beliefs. One of which has caused turmoil with them and me, they won’t let me date. They never really liked the idea of me dating but one day they found out something that really caused them to be very strict and always be on the watch for me. Which was the day they found out i had gotten a blow job from my girlfriend which was the end of 8th grade. They found out becayse someone that was from my mosque reported me. I really thought me and that person were good but i guess not. They told me to stop talking to her and basically took everything away from me including my phone. I was devastated but I hadn’t stopped talking to her. We kept on dating through the summer with only seeing each other a couple times. I made it to high school and we started seeing eachother everyday and i have a class with her. Things were going great and im doing really well. I got elected as class officer and i have straight A’s taking 3 advanced level classes. Homecoming went around and i asked her and we went together with a group. A week later my mom found out. The people that told her was the same person that reported on me in 8th grade and also my cousin. This all wouldn’t be so bad but its all because of my religion and my parents beliefs. I really wish i could find someway to live with another family or even a friends family. Because I don’t believe in all the same things my parents do and if i ever told them they’d shun me and the whole community would shun me and I wouldn’t know what to do. They’re thinking of homeschooling me and i really cant do that at all. I want to talk to a counselor but im afraid that they might bring my parents and her parents into it. And i dont want her parents finding out. I just want the best for me right now. I’ve been so upset the past days and i dont have the drive to do anything but sit in my room. I need to get out of the house someway and I really dont know how or what i can do. I just want to be happy again.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). You shared a little about your situation, but it seems you have been through a lot of scrutiny and mental pain from your parents. We are deeply sorry that you have had to go through that. It seems you would just like for your family to be loving and supportive to you as well as understanding of what you are going through and how you feel. It sounds like you have tried to manage your feelings and uneasiness at home, but it has been difficult to do so because of how they treat you and them wanting to homeschool you.

Verbalizing your concerns and your situation may be helpful. We are here for you to listen and provide support. We can also help explore some options or resources beneficial to your situation. If you are able to call into our crisis line or chat with us online through our website, we could be that support to you. We are free, confidential, nonjudgmental and operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Our crisis line number is 1-800-786-2929 (RUNAWAY).

Please consider reaching out to us by phone or chat.

We wish you well and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X