Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I don’t feel comfortable explaining my situation in detail, but I have a question. I want to live with my friend due to family issues. I am 15, so I know my parents would have to give permission and fill out paperwork. My friend and their family know about what’s going on and they want to help. What do I do?
    Starts
    10-27-2018
    Ends
    10-27-2018

Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and we are here to listen to your situation. Because you are 15 if you were to leave home, without your parents’ permission you would be considered a runaway. Your parents would have the right to file a runaway report. Running away is not a criminal offense, it is a status offense. We are not legal experts but what that means is, you would most likely not be arrested but if found the police would most likely bring you back home. Also if you do decide to live with your friend you may want to consider staying enrolled in school otherwise you would be considered truant. It may be a good idea to consider getting your parents’ permission to stay with your friend. You may also want to look into emancipation and see how it works in your city and state. Emancipation could be an option but often times its costly with court fees, and takes a few months to a year. We hope this information has helped you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss more about your situation feel free to give us a call or chat with us we are available 24/7. We wish you the best of luck, Stay strong!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X