Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to runaway

My Stepdad Jeremy is am absolute ass to me, and treats his daughter like royalty my step sister tells him to ******** off all the time and he doesn't do ******** about it but I said it one time tonight and he slaps me and says go to bed. He came upstairs and said since my step sister is asleep I need to do dishes to which I exited my game and went to grab my phone, not even two seconds later he said it's okay don't worry about it I'll do them. So I went downstairs ignoring his smartass and then he was already doing them and I asked why and he said because I don't want you to do them, so I walked up the stairs when I heard him say but don't expect your allowance and to that I just said you know what ******** off. I walked into my room and sat down in my chair and he stomped up the stairs into my room and yelled what did you just say and then smacked me in the face I hate him what could I do?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that you are probably going through a really stressful time with the situation you find yourself in. Our hope through this all is that we might provide you with resources and tips to help you in the decision making process.

It seems like there is a lot of turmoil going on. We are sorry that it seems like you don’t have much support and you are not being listened to often. Perhaps you could talk with your mom about the situation and be able to get her to talk to him. Know that you don’t deserve to be hit at any point and it is not okay. Some options you have are to talk to adults you know (ex: teachers, counselors, therapist, etc.) or even calling hotlines like the National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453) or us here at NRS (1-800-786-2929) From there we can help guide you on some decisions you can take. Sometime even with a teachers they might be able to help you talk with your mom and stepdad about what is going on. If at some point you no longer feel safe please know you the right to be safe and call the authorities if need be.

We want to commend your bravery for reaching out since we know it can often be difficult to reach out and seek help. We hope that you feel more informed on the situation you currently find yourself in. If for any reason you have more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call us at (1-800-786-2929) or online through our chat option at (www.1800runaway.org).

Best Wishes-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X