Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't stand living with my family anymore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 17 and my mom has gone crazy, she decided to take away my phone and the schools chromebook, and threatened to take away my clothes, have me sleep outside and it gets below 40f at my house, and cut off my hair, in the past she has threatened to hit me with a flip flop over something my sister did, and because of her yelling at me I have a anxiety attack every time I hear my name or her even say it, I can't even trust her with telling her ive been suicidal or depressed, I told my dad this because I trust him and I dont trust my mom with anything anymore, some nights she stuck thoughts into my head that made me cry myself to sleep, all she does is care for all of the other little kids, she treats my brother like a god because his dad isnt alive, and that if he does something he doesn't get in trouble, I know that im not the best of children but I try my best, and if I try to tell her the truth she won't listen, she only wants to hear what she wants to hear, im afraid of living in my own home because she could do the same thing to me that she did to my sister and I dont want to go to the hospital, she won't even let me have my own political views, she wants me to think how she thinks and have me live my life how she expects me to, she thinks my dad isnt going to support me and its wrong, she doesn't listen to anyone, ive worked for her to get something and when I do what she wants it still isnt enough, I earned something and then I dont get it, Just can't handle being here anymore, I turn 18 in April but I dont wanna wait any longer

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds incredibly difficult to live at home each day. No one should have to feel unsafe and abused in their own home. Anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts are very tough and we’re glad you messaged us. Talking to your dad about staying with him might be a good idea. Also there are many affordable and free resources for help with mental health issues. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) or the National Alliance on Mental Illness (1-800-950-NAMI) may be able to help.

Running away is an option that should be thought about carefully. Who would you stay with? How would you stay safe and support yourself? If you choose to run away and your mother decides to file a runaway report, the police can be called to bring you home. Whoever you are staying with can be charged with harboring a runaway if this report is filed.

We have a conference calling service and could mediate a call between you and your mother. Alternatively, a school counselor could mediate a conversation between you and your mother in person. What you do about your problems, whether it be reach out to these resources or wait until you are 18 is ultimately your decision and can only be made by you. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help and we appreciate you reaching out. If you want to talk more about these issues you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or use our online chat.

I can't live with my family anymore. I'm almost 21 but I can't get a jod. They say I'm lazy and I can't do anything. I feel like I'm all alone in my house and no one loves me. I dad died 1 year ago but I feel alone. I'm so alone that sometimes I think maybe i should run away but I have no where to go. Only my younger brother is nice to me. I feel like they love me but sometimes I feel like they don't want me anymore. I wanna change who I am but it's so hard and I don't know what to do. I just don't wanna live in my house knowing I'm useless.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like there’s a lot going on. We want you to know first and foremost that you are not useless! It can be difficult to get the motivation to do things when you feel alone or like no one loves you, and we cannot imagine how difficult it must be to lose your father. We have a couple options that you might consider. The first is talking with your family; you mention that you feel like they love you. It’s possible that they don’t realize how they make you feel when they call you lazy or say that you can’t do anything. Those are really hurtful things to say. You also mention that you want to change but don’t know how; this is so normal and it’s awesome that you’re thinking about ways to improve yourself. That’s a great first step! It might be a good idea to get in touch with a counselor or a therapist who can help you process what you’re feeling and talk about coping strategies. You can also talk about the things you want to change about yourself and think through ways to achieve your goals.
      As far as moving out, you are legally within your rights to do that. You might consider staying with a friend, family member, or in a transitional living program (TLP). TLPs are designed to help young people learn the ropes of adulthood and gain independence. They can provide housing for up to 18 months. If you need help finding a TLP near you, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.
      You mention you’re also struggling to find a job. You might consider looking into Job Corps, which can help you find a job or train you for certain fields. Here is the website: www.jobcorps.gov
      Thank you again for reaching out. If you need anything else or want to talk more specifically about your situation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are here 24/7.
      --NRS

I can’t stand my family. I can’t. I’m only 15 and they cause me so many stress over all the stress highschool causes me. My mom is the worst out of everyone. This week she’s been really unfair to me and has been yelling at me non-stop and causes me to have breakdowns. Today she has caused me and breakdown and I’m currently crying typing this down. Yesterday, she completely stood up for my brother has she always does because he’s her fricking favorite and left me all alone trying to defend myself. I cried when my sister defended me during the agrument because no one has ever defended me EVER. That, of course, does NOT make her innocent as I shall never forget what each and every one of my family members have done to me. My mental-emotional health is not good at all it’s so harmed and I am aware. My parents abuse me. They do every time they just feel like I’ve done something wrong and to them everything I seem to do is wrong. I feel so damn alone. I feel like no one is there for me. My head is pounding and tears are streaming from my eyes. I am not suicidal because I’m aware of the consequences. I am however considering running away from this toxic household and family I just have no idea who I will to turn to. My friends are not very good friends either, they all cause me emotional stress as well. I will not go into detail of what they’ve done but all I’m gonna say is that I feel so lonely at home, school and everywhere. Both my family and friends have caused me so much breakdowns, stress, anxiety and depression I’m up until the point where I have no idea what I’m going to do because I do not want to stay in this house and I do not want to face my friends. This is all too much for my young self to handle, its really all too much and I have completely no one to turn to.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you for sharing a little bit of your story with The National Runaway Safeline, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and we are so glad you took the first steps into reaching out to us. You mentioned being abused, that is unacceptable and you do not deserve to be treated that way. If you would like to report the abuse you can call The Child Helpline at: 1800-422-4453. We know that making abuse reports can be scary, if you would like our help you can call us and we would be more than happy to help. You mentioned feeling lonely everywhere, you may want to consider talking to your school’s guidance counselor about how you are feeling. Sometimes talking to someone about your feelings may help you feel better. You can also contact NAMI which is the National Alliance for Mental Health. Their phone number is 1800-905-NAMI. They may be able to provide some more resources and may be able to talk with you about what is going on. You also mentioned wanting to run away, you may want to consider where you would go and if running away is the safest and best option for you. Also we know that you feel alone and this situation feels awful, but just know it won’t last forever and you are never alone there are always people willing to listen to you. If you have any other questions or would just like to talk about your situation more feel free to give us a call, we are available 24/7.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X