Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran away, and didn't want to come back

I want to start of by saying i don't have a dad. Never did, and i guess never will. My mom said that he would be in my life but he wasn't. Not even when i was born. My mom told me that he said "Im not taking care of her until i get the dan results!" So i went threw this whole process of getting the results, and he was my dad, and still he never was there for me. So I'm the first on born of of 5 kids, so I'm the oldest. And apparently my mom doest give a fxck about me! All she ever does, well all she ever did was beat me! She would hit me, and punch me in my head, rapidly, and she wouldn't stop until i stopped moving. I remember when i was younger, and she grabbed me by my neck, and she chocked me to where i was hanging from the wall. I tried running away, but i had to come back, but when i came back, my mom was gone, she went to her job. To be honest, i wasn't going to comeback until the police came get me, but you would have to be gone for 24 hours, and i didn't have anywhere to go, because it was night. My regular life is terrible, I'm not good in school, the friends i thought i had, weren't my friends, i still have a few, but the one i cared for the most hates my guts. My mom tells me that she's going to send me away, and bring me to juvi because i don't listen, but if she were in my shoes she would understand, my mom always calls me a bxtch, and she is always picking with me, i try to be a good girl for her, but she yells so much, she's always angry. And when she's angry, she takes it out on me, and beats me. I live with my grandmother, my mom, my uncle, and my 4 siblings. My mom and uncle is living with my grandmother because they don't have any money to buy their own house. Im 15 years old, and i just want to be alone.

RE: I ran away, and didn't want to come back

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us. We know that it is not easy to disclose the things you have shared. You are very brave for doing that. We are very sorry that you are going through this with your mother. You don’t deserve to be treated like this. Looks like you are thinking of your safety as you should be. It doesn’t sound like you feel safe at home and there can be ways to help you be as safe as possible.
    This must be a scary time for you and we are here to help you through this. There is one option to report abuse. This can be very scary and, again, we can walk you through it if you would like. If you are comfortable, you can call us and we can make the report together. If you have an adult you are familiar with and can trust, like a school counselor or police officer, they can support you through making a report as well.
    If making a report is not something you want to do right now there are informal ways to avoid the abuse as much as possible. You can involve yourself in school or in your community so that you have less time spent at home near you mother or any kind of abuse. This can look like sports, clubs, tutoring, etc. This can help you with making new friends and opportunities of staying over there house after school or for a weekend.
    You also mentioned running away before but having to return back home. That must have been difficult to do and a very overwhelming situation. We have lots a resources we can connect you with to keep you safe, like a shelter. They can also help you with reporting as they are mandated reporters. If you want you can call or chat with us to see if we can find a safe place near you.
    We understand that you are going through a very difficult time right now. We are happy that you are able to reach out to us for help as that can be hard to do. You are strong because you have made it this far. If you are comfortable or want to talk more about these things you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us at 1800RUNAWAY.org. If you consider making an abuse report you can call 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453). They also have a website: www.childhelp.org. We hope things start to work out for you and your siblings and wish you the best of luck.
    Thanks,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X