Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don’t want to live with family anymore.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t want to live with family anymore.

I’m 12 and in 8th grade and I’m thinking of running away. I live in an apartment with my mom is 50, my dad is 74 I believe and my sister is 18. My dad and my sister hate each other so much. I don’t like the negativity that they show, and when they fight it usually ends up with the neighbors calling the cops. This happened ever since I was 7 or 8. I was crying everytime it happened, but now instead of doing that I just go outside and calm down. When they fight, it’s more than yelling, they throw things acros the kitchen and the living room. My dad is usually the one to start the problem, then my sister makes the situation even worse than it already is. My mom is usually at work, and I call her everytime it happens. My mom then blames it on my dad that he started it, which I think he does too. I have to be honest, I am very spoiled with my dad. My dad buys me whatever I want to make me happy. But now realizing, I don’t need any of these things. I don’t deserve them. Back to the arguments, they always fight and they’ve fought so much to the point where I don’t even feel safe entering my own household anymore. I walk home from school in a good mood, then here comes my dad, telling me that my mom and my sister are “devils”, making me get into a bad mood. I enjoy being at school than being at home. My mom doesn’t do anything besides work, and I usually just play video games all day and eat, I’m fat too. I’m trying to be 100% honest here so bare with me. Whoever responds to this thread might ask me “why don’t I try talking to them?” I have. All they do is get mad. My dad is always in a bad mood, my sister is usually working, and so is my mom. My dad works on e in a while, but usually he just lays in bed all day as far as I’m aware of. My dad is going to move out of the apartment next month (November) and he’s asking me if I’m gonna go with him. That’s where my problem is. If I say I’m gonna go with my mom, he’s gonna yell at me and tell me to go with him. I go with my dad and my mom doesn’t yell at me, but she’s going to do whatever it takes to make me live with her. I want to run away, but at the same time I just want a family. I was slightly thinking of killing myself at one point just to end all of the things that are going on, but I don’t want anyone to be sad so I try putting my self in a good mood everyday, I am successful, but everytime I go home, I go home, unhappy. I don’t feel safe. I don’t feel comfortable. I can’t tell them any of this because I feel like they’re just going to yell at me. When I was thinking of killing myself, I was to afraid to even ask my parents because they would yell. I want to live with a new family, I’m stuck in a knot right now, and have many choices but I can’t choose, so I came here to make a thread. I’m sorry if none of this made sense, and I’m sorry if there were errors.

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X