Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

I am 13 years old. I've been having a lot of trouble for about 2-3 weeks now with family, school, and friends. I been skipping school and then falling behind. I've met with my councilor and some teachers but nothing is helping. I scratch my arms all the time and when I get really upset I scratch my face. I have a lot of anxiety about going to school. I have good grades, but I get so scared of teachers and work. I don't like going to PE because people always ask me what happened to my arms when I scratch myself. I have too much work and have a hard time finishing it. My parents said I can't have thanksgiving dinner with my family. I never have friends over because my dad is a pack rat. We were thinking of moving to a bigger house but now because of me he says were not getting it. Now, I'm depressed that we aren't moving. One person I sit with at lunch calls me out in front of everyone and points out all my mistakes then they start laughing and I get really upset and embarrassed. My dad said we aren't going to have a Christmas because of me. I am really scared about school. My dad always threatens me and calls me stuff. My mom goes crazy whenever I make a mistake. She also threatens me all the time. My parents favor my little brother. They always favor him and gets him whatever he wants. I feel like I really need to run away. I already packed a bag, but I don't know where to go. Please help me!

Re: I need help

Hello There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you have been having a tough time at home and school. We just want to let you know that we are here for you and are here to support you.
    You mentioned that your parents threaten you and say hurtful things to you. That is not okay and you do not deserve to be treated like that. If you feel unsafe and that you are being abused you have the option of filing a report with Child Protective Services (CPS). Child Help USA is a great resource for you. They can provide you with support, help you file an abuse report and walk you through that process. Child Help USA can be reached at 1-800- 422- 4453.
    You also stated that you need to run away and already have a bag packed. We are not legal experts here but are able to provide you with general information. If you do decide to run away, your parents have a right to file a runaway report. If they do file and you are picked up by the police there is a possibility that you may be returned home, unless the police feel that they are returning to an unsafe environment.
    We understand that you are dealing with a very difficult situation and you are so strong for reaching out to us to seek help. Here are a few questions to consider when running away:
    • Do I have a place to stay?
    • What would I do for Money? Shelter? Food? And Transportation?
    • Do I have a safe solid plan?
    • What is my plan B in case my first plan doesn’t work?
    • Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    • What about school? Would I continue getting an education?
    You also shared with us about your situation with school. It seems like a very painful and frustrating situation. It sounds like you have already looked into getting help from school counselors and teachers which is a great first step. Here at the National Runaway Safeline we may be able to connect you to some resources like shelters that may be helpful for you.
    Thank you again for reaching out to us here at NRS. We want you to know that here at the National Runaway Safeline we are 24/7 and you can call us anytime. We are here to support you and help you talk through a plan that best fits you and your needs. We would love for you to give us a call. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X