Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

So, I'm 11, and my family is going through a divorce, my dad hates me, and verbally rude to my sister and mom. He comes home drunk a lot, but he has never physically hurt me. I've wanted to run away for a long time, but I don't know what to do. Help?

Re: Help!

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out to us at NRS. You are going through a lot of tough stuff, especially for someone so young. It’s never easy to have to deal with that sort of family situation. I’m glad you reached out to us. It sounds like things are pretty up in the air right now, but maybe they will be better once the divorce is over and things are a bit more settled. It sounds like maybe it will be good if you and your sister get to live with your mom. Running away is a big change, so I’m glad that you are thinking about it and haven’t acted impulsively. It’s always a good idea to try to picture the plan you would have if you were to leave home. We are here 24/7, and if you want to give us a call, we are happy to talk to you about how you can improve your living situation. We’re here to listen and help you find resources. Good job trying to think ahead, and I hope things start to improve for you. We’re here if you need us. Take care, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X