Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I am 16 and I have a 3 month old son. In my state you are considered an emancipated minor once you have your kid. My home life sucks to say the least and I don't feel comfortable living here with my son. Would it be considered running away if I left with my son? I am emancipated.

re: Confused

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you have been going through a pretty tough time. From what you shared, it sounds like you and your son would be more comfortable living elsewhere.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, which means that we are only able to speak in general terms about your situation. We are not able to confirm or deny what you hear about your state, if you wanted to know more accurately what could happen, we would highly encourage you to reach out to your local police department and ask some general questions. In most states, when you are considered emancipated, you are able to make your own decision to decide where you want to live.

We hope that we were able to help you think a little more about your options and brainstorm some more with you, if you feel like you would still need some more support or go through some more options, please feel free to reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we are here 24/7. We also have a live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X