Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stepdad being around

Hi, recently my mom and my stepdad got divorced, and she keeps bringing him around regardless. He cheated on her twice and got kicked out more than once for being on drugs. I don’t like him around it makes me very uncomfortable with the way he treats me and my sister. I’ve tried MULTIPLE times to talk to my mom about it but she just laughes, and I get upset and have to walk away. I want to move out and move in with my grandma again, but my siblings are here. I want to be here for them because my mom and stepdad do fight allot. My siblings won’t move with me. Any suggestions I CAN do?

Hello There,

Thank You so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we know that sometimes reaching out is not easy and we are glad you took the first steps into reaching out. It sounds like you are going through a very frustrating situation. You should never have to feel uncomfortable with your living situation, home is a place you should feel safe at. And we are sorry that is not the way you are feeling, but we are here to help and support you in this situation. And we are also sorry that after trying to talk to your mom about this situation and she laughs at you, you do not deserve that. Have you considered talking to a school counselor or teacher about this situation, they may be able to provide you resources or help you work through it. It seems like you have a good relationship with your grandma, which is great! You may also want to consider talking to her about how you do not feel comfortable and about your feelings. Also if your step dad is ever emotionally or physically abusive you may report it by calling Child Help- 1800-422-4453. We understand that reporting can sometimes be difficult, so if you would like you can call us and we can do a conference call and help you report if you would like. We hope this information helped in your situation. We are available 25/7 so feel free to call us at 1800runaway, or visit our website and chat with us. We wish you the best of luck in your situation, and remember you are not alone in this!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X